PromptWorks builds custom software for companies who care about the details. Our calling is to help our clients create amazing technologies that help achieve their vision. We love solving complex engineering and business challenges, and we’ve spent decades honing our craft.
About the Position
We’re looking for a user experience designer that is adept at designing user interfaces for our client and internal projects.
This designer will work with clients, business analysts, UI engineers and developers to design intuitive, functional, and elegant user interfaces for web and mobile applications.
The ideal candidate’s portfolio should demonstrate a broad body of work consisting of high-quality, flexible, user-centric design and design process. They should be a creative thinker and a problem solver.
We hire passionate, pragmatic, intelligent, well-spoken, knowledge-hungry, fun-loving, people.
- Participating in and leading collaborative discovery workshops
- Understanding users and their needs
- Designing user journeys & workflows
- Defining clear information architectures
- Creating & documenting brand principles
- Creating high quality design deliverables
- Creating compositional design systems that afford the engineering of scalable and consistent user interfaces
- Working well in a small team and independently when necessary
- Participating in daily stand up and weekly planning & retrospective meetings
- Taking ownership of our work-product and ensuring a cohesive, quality user experience
- Championing client vision and priorities day-to-day
- Turning clients’ big ideas into actionable stories in collaboration with the team
- Working with business analysts to identify product vision
- Educating clients on design principles and practices
- Estimating project proposals in collaboration with software engineers, project managers and business analysts
- Staying abreast of UX best practices and trends
Candidates must have experience with the following:
- Design of process flows, user journeys, wireframes & comprehensive mockups
- Facilitation of design workshops, such as paper prototyping, empathy mapping, customer journey mapping, etc.
- Sketch or related design tools
- InVision or related prototyping tools
- Responsive and mobile-first design
- Design of brand and style guides
Experience with any of the following is preferable:
- Brand and logo design
- Color theory
- User research and usability testing
- Basic HTML, CSS & development principles
- R&D time for internal projects, products, and professional development
- Paid travel for speaking at & attending conferences
- Ergonomic work stations including seated & standing pair programming stations
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with company matching
- Monthly work-from-home flexibility
- FSA and commuter benefits
- Collegial atmosphere with family-style lunch twice a week on us
- We value a healthy work-life balance, requiring about 30 billable hours per week
PromptWorks is made up of people with many different backgrounds and lifestyles. We don't discriminate against employees or applicants based on gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, age, national origin, citizenship, pregnancy status, veteran status, or any other difference.